Birth from a Baby’s Perspective – An Introduction to Integrative Baby Therapy
WITH MATTHEW APPLETON AND TEAM
Our experiences in the womb, at birth and shortly after birth profoundly shape our sense of who we are and our perceptions of the world. This workshop is intended for psychotherapists, craniosacral therapists, osteopaths, massage therapists,, midwives, doulas, pediatricians, ante-natal yoga teachers, parents and anyone who is interested in how our earliest experiences shape us. It can be taken as an introduction to the Foundation training in Integrative Baby Therapy or as a workshop in its own right. The day will include seminar style teaching, video footage of therapy with babies and some experiential exercises to access our own embodied experience. Topics include:
- How the conventional cultural understanding of babies and prenates limits how we welcome them into the world
- The four stages of birth of birth from a baby’s perspective (as opposed to the three stages of birth from the obstetrical perspective) and how each of these stages may impact us
- How each of the stages of birth may set up specific core beliefs and life statements
- The nature of bonding and attachment in the first nine months of life and how unresolved prenatal and birth trauma can impact this
- How we can learn to listen to babies and to our own early experience in a new, more accurate and empathic way
DATES:7th June 2019 (in association with 'Human Baby, Human Being' conference - see 'Talks' page for conference details).
VENUE:Armada House, Telephone Avenue, Bristol, BS1 4BQ.
COST:Early bird £85/£95 after 31st March 2019.
TO APPLY:Conscious Embodiment Trainings
25 Nottingham Road
Bristol BS7 9DH
Tel: 0117 904 4356
Email: [email protected]